It was a Colorado avalanche that buried the Rockies.
The Dodgers sent 11 batters to the plate and scored six times in the seventh inning (their season-high for any inning) to break open a tie game and give the Dodgers a 9-3 victory over the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field on Thursday night.
The win dropped the Dodgers’ magic number to clinch another NL West Division title to five. The second-place San Diego Padres were idle Thursday.
The Dodgers have now outscored their opponents 99-59 in the seventh inning or later this season.
Showing up late has worked for the Dodgers’ offense. Maybe Julio Urias should try it.
In a recurring issue, Urias struggled through a ragged first inning, allowing two runs on three hits including a double by Trevor Story. In his 10 starts this season, Urias has allowed 10 runs in the first innings with opposing batters hitting .341 (15 for 44) with three home runs.
It took him 26 pitches to get through that first inning Thursday. His next 27 retired the next nine Rockies in order. Urias retired 13 in a row before Raimel Tapia reached base on an error to start the sixth inning.
After his first innings, Urias has allowed just nine runs in 39 innings, holding opposing batters to a .199 average (28 for 141).
That first inning put the Dodgers in the chase position and they caught the Rockies with two runs in the fourth inning against left-hander Kyle Freeland including a solo home run by Corey Seager.
It stayed tied 2-2 until the seventh inning when the Dodgers broke the Rockies.
The Dodgers sent 11 batters to the plate against Freeland and relievers Carlos Estevez and Jairo Diaz. Seager, Will Smith and Kiké Hernandez had doubles. Mookie Betts broke the tie with an RBI single. The Rockies pitchers only made things worse with four walks and a run-scoring wild pitch. Catcher Tony Wolters was guilty of two passed balls.
Seager finished the game a triple shy of the cycle, breaking out of a 2-for-16 stretch with the three-hit game. Smith continues on his tear. In 16 games since returning from a neck injury in late August, Smith is 21 for 57 (.368) with seven doubles, four home runs, 12 RBI and 12 runs scored.
Edwin Rios added a 427-foot solo home run in the eighth inning off Wade Davis, the 20th home run the Dodgers have hit off Rockies pitching in seven games this season.
- مصر فعال رامی شعاط را پس از انکار ملیت آزاد کرد، خانواده امروز منتظر ورود به پاریس هستند
- Hoornstra: داجرز' پیچیده منشاء داستان در لا می شود مناسب گفتن
- حقایقی ناشناخته درباره نحوه خرید فالوور اینستاگرام توسط کارشناسان فاش شده است
- گامبیا با پیروزی 1-0 مقابل گینه به کشتار غولها ادامه داد و به مرحله یک چهارم نهایی راه یافت.
- بلدوین پارک زن محکوم به 7 سال برای مهاجرت و خدمات املاک و مستغلات طرح
- تاتو رژ لب یعنی چی ؟
- اجازه ندهید که FPPC روده به علت فرآیند: سوزان شلی
- مذاکرات هسته ای ایران با تهران با هدف کاهش تحریم ها از سر گرفته می شود
- L. A. شهرستان سواحل تنظیم برای بازگشایی پنج شنبه به صورت فعال با استفاده از تنها پارکینگ بسته باقی می ماند
- آمازون فروشگاه مواد غذایی غلبه لا ورن دستياران اعتراض